NTA PECHU POTTI/ PUBLIC SPEAKING COMPETITION
Dear Tamil School member, Northern Tamil Association (NTA) would like to organise a public speaking (pechu potti) competition for the tamil speaking kids in U.K. We would like to take this opportunity to bring the curriculum based tamil schools in U.K to take part in this venture. So, we warmly welcome the tamil school students both young & teenage kids to take part in this exciting event.
CATEGORIES: 3 LEVELS- 5-8 years, 8-11 years & 11+ categories.
DATE, TIME & VENUE: DECEMBER 8th @ 14:00 hours
Location: Hindu temple Geeta Bhawan, Derby 96-102, Pear Tree road, Derby, Derbyshire- DE23 6QA
Parents will be allowed to view the competition as audience.
CATEGORY-1: NAM URAVUGALIN SIRAPU
CATEGORY-2: ULAGAMELAM THAMIZHOSAI
CATEGORY- 3: SUTRUPURA SUZHALUM, ILAYA THALAIMURAIYUM
Rules/Guidelines for Pechu (Public Speaking) potti:
1. Speech must be based on one of the given theme above. (includesTamilCulture,Temples,Sports,Festivals,Language,Literature &Art)
2. 60% weightage will be given to the Pronunciation, spontaneous flow from the memory and the confidence of the contestant.
3. 20% weightage will be given to the content of the speech.
4. 20% weightage will be given to the posture, presentation and expression of the contestant.
5. The contestant will not be allowed to refer any material during the competition.
6. Any prompting by the parents during the competition will render the contestant disqualified.
7. Judges’ decisions are final.
– Winners will be posted on NTA web site as early as possible.
– Colloquial form of speech is admitted.
– Usage of English words to the minimal is highly appreciated.